Wednesday, September 05, 2012

No title comes to mind

This is a hard post to write, especially after being "away" for so long.  But as I am working through my very very behind scrapbooks for my boys, I realize this blog has been a great way to remember details for events and their "growing up"
This summer has been extremely stretching for me- God has challenged me and us with some pretty hard experiences. 
I was so excited the day of Rylen's party, August 26th to finally announce that there would be another member of the Froese family.  Instead that very evening God choose to take that baby back- at nearly 14 weeks, I started hemoraging and had to be rushed to the hospital after passing our in front of all our guests at the party.  What followed was a shocking, numbing, painful expreience of officially losing our baby.  I won't lie I felt a bit cheated, I felt that God was picking on me.... but the many many Bible verses that I had written on index cards at home kept floatng..."Therefore we do not lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are renewed day by day", "He gives strength to the weary", "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble".
Things I was so thankful for, although embarrassing to have a houseful of people, we have great friends that stepped up and got me to the hospital, kept my husband calm, took care of our kids, and graciously stayed until I came home to still let Rylen blow out his candles and open his presents.
I am thankful for these
precious boys that we have already been blessed with!
It hurts, we don't fully understand, and I still have many tears.....  but my empathy for those who have similar experiences has increased to such great heights!

10 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

Oh Jocelyn! I'm so sorry you had to experience that. Miscarriage is such a terrible thing to go through. I had two early miscarriages before I got pregnant with Jackson, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I hope that your body is healing well, and that God would surround you with supportive, encouraging, loving people who will be there for you as you grieve the loss of this precious little one. Lots of hugs & prayers!

Auntie Ruth said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I too lost our (first) baby at 14 weeks. It was the hardest thing I've ever gone through. I think of it all the time even still, and still the tears come. Hardest I think on Mom than anyone. The bond that a mother feels with that baby inside is instant.
Autopsy of our baby showed nothing wrong with it at all. I just believe it wasn't meant to be, for what ever reason that I will never know, it just wasn't meant to be. I had to trust God's plan. Talking about it helped me the most.
I will pray God's peace fill your heart and mind and give you the comfort you need to get through each day.

Trina said...

Tears fall as I think of you hurting. I consider it an absolute privilege that I was able to be with you and Jeff during such a difficult and private time. The timing may have seemed embarrassing but God knows you are too strong and spunky for your own good! He wanted you to be carried by your friends through this time, both figuratively and literally! So PLEASE continue to let us know how you are doing, how we can help, and how we can pray for you. Love and prayers!!!!!

momof2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Jocelyn,

I am sorry to hear about your loss, but am so thankful you were surrounded by friends. If there is anything I could do, please let me know.

Telma said...

Dear ...... love love love for you and your family..... and a heavenly perspective during this time of healing and mending of your heart. Big Hug form my heart Telma

Leanne said...

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. I pray for healing for your body, of the trauma, and comfort as you face this journey of grief that you now are walking with.

Trev and Rebekah said...

So sorry to hear this. Miscarriages are physically and emotionally painful. I`ve had three and i still have days i am numb. If you ever want someone to talk to i would be up for that. It`s true loss like that gives you greater compassion and care foe those who go through something similar. And i totally understand the feeling of being cheated or picked on. My last loss was over canada day, hours after i drove up north to spend holidays with my parents. And losses also remind us of our blessings. I am so thankful for my son. Don` t run from the grief. Don` t be afraid to express your raw emotions either. Hugs.

Nat said...

Oh Joc, what a terrible thing to have to go through. I've been thinking and praying for you. How are you doing?

Trev and Rebekah said...

how are you doing?