Friday, December 07, 2012

Since then

A little catch up snippet of our lives!
 
Since then....   Aiden has started Kindergarten and he is thriving!  He loves to craft and slide down the hill on crazy carpets at recess.  The school is pretty much 3 seconds from our house but Aiden isn't crazy about walking across the snow ladden snowbanks of the school yard to get there.  We usually drive him, but on more then one occasion Jeff has forgotten to pick him up and I have a very disgruntled little boy on my front step exclaiming "he didn't show up again"  He was actually quite proud of himself the first time he did this and Jeff pulled up in the driveway frantic 15 minutes later lol  I am actually loving one less kid in the house and also love the 10 mintues I flop on his bed after school as he holes up in his room to have some alone time, and tells me all about his day.  I am soaking it up!
 I had the amazing oppurtunity to visit Rosanna and baby Katie by myself while my amazing husband held down the fort and my daycare!  It was such an awesome time to recharge my brain and spend some very special time with this very special baby!!  Our days were spent with breakfast out, shopping, couch time, snack time and of course Target time- my perfect holiday!!!  Thanks to her hubby for making this visit a great surprise!!!!
 We have been crafting for Christmas!  I have really been wanting to change up my theme, I was tired of blue and silver, but wanted to keep my redecorating on a budget.  I made these awesome stockings from Value  Village sweaters!  I love them!
 I had stock piled pinecones and some great brown and gold decor last year and repurposed my tree skirt and had a "new" tree!
 I not only had one kid-free holiday but 2!!  We had a super holiday with our friends Shane and Rochelle to warm and did I mention hot Glendale Arizona!  I did a ton of Christmas shopping and we just enjoyed being away and Jeff and I finally got some quality time together!  It has been hard moving and not having any family to farm the kids out to.  Which means date nights or time away from the kids is very limited, since our budget doesn't allow for alot of a babysitting budget.  We definitely soaked it up while our kids were doted on by Auntie and Uncle and a bit with my mom.
 
We took a little daytrip to the Sedona Redrocks and I was pleasantly surprised-  some yummy restaraunts and little shops..

and the lovely redrocks!  Stunning reminder of God's awesome creation!

Shifting gears onces more.... my baby is at this stage!  Crazy!!  He has decided to pretty much never pee again and has the bladder of a camel- but we have had some successes and I am hoping he is my easy one lol   He loves the attention and the many dances and marshmellows!
As my original due date gets closer, I find myself having moments of weepiness!  It has been frustrtating to wait for my body to heal and feels like its taking exceptionally long- we would still love to expand our family but learning that planning is kind of a joke and if anything this has taught me to let go of some of my control issues and wait for God's timing- maybe it won't be in the way of another Froese baby but I have to keep reminding myself of his good plan when I struggle with seeing other pregnant friends or holding newborns-  I feel so much stronger about soaking up each moment with my boys even on the most trying days!!

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I can totally relate to your last paragraph. I was due Feb 26th with the 3rd baby we lost. I know I want to do something when that day comes to remember the baby I should have been given birth to. Were you due in Jan or Feb?

Yes His timing is not mine and after trying for 5 years I have had to learn that and to just embrace how my family looks and to enjoy it with all my heart. And I do. I am SO thankful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.