Monday, January 24, 2011

A Glimspe into our new life in Meadow Lake.

Sometimes it is still hard to believe that we moved our entire family away from everything familiar to a place where everything is strange and we don't know anyone. In actuality, it is only 2.5 hours from home, but being further North just feels like you are in the middle of nowhere. After our crazy couple days of packing we officially moved on New Year's Day! Thankfully my mom took the boys which really helped to keep things calm. We were completely overwhelmed by the help of our new church family. Over 20 people were here to help us unload, we also brought my sister in law and a couple from our caregroup was already up here visiting family so they helped as well. It was so nice to have a least a couple familiar faces. We went hard that afternoon unpacking as much as possible so that the kids could settle in a bit easier. We headed back to Warman to drop off our rental van and pick up our boys and drove back to begin this crazy adventure! Below are some pics of our new place.

Life in a 2 bedroom apartment is a lot of different things, frustrating, overwhelming, tiring, exhausting and has taken a major attitude adjustment on my behalf. Its a challenge to try to get the kids up and down 3 flights of stairs and Tristen in particular has really been throwing major fits about this. I find I would rather just stay home and not bother going out.









I have been so thankful that the boys have been sleeping well together in their bedroom, they rarely wake each other up and still have a bit of space to play even though they are altogether. It is hard for Aiden however, when the other boys are sleeping for naps, there really isn't anyplace for him to have quiet time, so the TV is on a lot more for him. Speaking of TV, ahhh it drives me crazy how much it has been used. As much as I try to find other quiet things for them to do so there isn't too much running and jumping, Tristen still cannot sit still do many quiet things except the TV. I told Jeff what a rude awakening the kids are going to get when we move, I think I am going to tell them its broken :) I know the boys are having a tough time, their behaviour has been pretty challenging and I know its because they don't know how to express their emotions properly.
Probably the most challenging is missing our friends and family especially this week when my Grandma has been really sick. It is soo hard to try and make new friends and not feel like we are dying of loneliness. That being said, we have felt so much love and care from the church, invitations for meals, unexpected giftcards and baking on Jeff's desk, and a genuine care of the people. Aiden has been enjoying a new preschool and Jeff has been adjusting to his new work lifestyle- it's hard to find his groove, but he has been having awesome nights with the youth and he is really enjoying what he is doing. I know that God has called us to this and it is soo rewarding to see how much Jeff just fits his role and this is exactly where he is suppose to be!
We are anticipating our big move to our "big" house (to us anyway :) We are getting possession on March 1st and excited to be in a great neighborhood, in a crescent, that backs the school.
I think this post has felt a little "down", in all honesty this has been really, really hard for me. I have wanted to go home more than once and have desired the normalcy of our old life as well. I do keep reminding myself that it will get better and once we are in a house it will feel better as well. Please continue to pray for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing to tears to my eyes yet again! Oh girl, how I miss you like crazy and sure feel for you. Our care group prayed for you last night and I continue to pray for you as well. Remember to also take care of YOU! HUGGERS!
Love you,
Leanne

matt&ruth said...

I understand how you feel. You don't really realize how much your "comfort zone" means to you until you are out of it! I will definitely be "thinking" of you a lot over the coming weeks.