Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas part 2 :)

Jeff had a couple of weeks off over Christmas, which was awesome! Since we have been married he has never had time off at Christmas. Since we were visiting my mom's on Christmas Day, we decided to have our family Christmas on Christmas eve. So the night before we gave the boys the Berestein Bears Christmas, which has the whole Christmas Story in it. I can't even describe Aiden's excitement that we were finally going to open the presents under the tree! Well my love language is definitly gifts and I love the presents part I won't even deny it!

What excitement in the morning, stockings and treats and of course guitar pancakes!
Rylen looks a little unsure about all the festivities!




Aiden had been asking for a real police man outfit and I lucked out by getting both of these at the Costco auction for 5 dollars a piece. He was absolutely thrilled.
I decided to finally invest in one of these playmats for Rylen, also worth every penny. He spends hours laughing and talking to the hanging items. Tristen also loves to crawl under there with him and talk to him.
We ended off our day with the Christmas eve service at Church and then some icecream at McDonalds! It really felt like we were able to spread Christmas out this year, which I think our kids appreciated being able to have some breaks.

Christmas at my mom's! Always more quiet without my brother and sister in law and their kids. Miss them so much at Christmas, but still had a great day with my mom and then with some extended family in the evening.



Matching jammies from Grandma
On the 27th we had our Loewen family Christmas at the Waldheim church. It was the perfect place for the kids to play and the rest of us to have fun playing games, eating and visiting. Always Always the highlight of my Christmas!


Aiden convinced all the "boys" to come have "supper" with him!
This year each family had to bring a "Minute to Win it" game! So fun, dispite the cheaters pictured below :)




It was actually really nice over the Christmas week. Jeff tried to take the boys out, but you can't see that Tristen in crying his eyes out in the toboggan

As much as I enjoy Christmas it was a little hard this year, knowing we had to be in Meadow Lake for January 1st, but also unsure as to where we would be living. On the 28th we finally secured an apartment, which gave us a few days to pack up our whole house and start dividing between what we would store back home and what we would take. It was a VERY emotional week, with many tears and feeling very overwhelmed! But we did it! To be continued.....

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love Christmas posts, thanks for sharing:) (Maybe one of these days I'll get around to doing mine). I'll have to look for that book, sounds like one my kids would love.
Good find on those costumes! Do they wear them everyday?
Praying for you all! I had a dream last night that I showed up in Meadow Lake and surprised you. Wish I could!

Dan and Lynn said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I can only imagine how excited Aiden was to finally open the presents...Ethan asked every single day if it was Christmas yet, so when Christmas morning came, he was so happy!

I love the photos of your kids opening all their gifts, but I think my favourite is the one of Rylen making a surprised face on the couch:). Too cute!