Monday, November 22, 2010

A candid look at change

At the risk of rambling, I feel like I need to share about the changes that are happening on the Froese Front. Did I mention I don't handle change very well and everyday I have to remind myself that being comfortable is not what God has called us to be.
The process of moving our family to Meadow Lake is proving to be a very faith driven journey. Many frustrations in the past week are starting to take there toll on all of us, not one call about our house, limited housing oppurtunities in meadow (and the one we really like has flooded in 2008 and 2010, the city says they are working on the problem but do you take the risk?), feeling like the different style of church is going to be quite an adjustment, wanting to explain this transition to Aiden so it's not a huge surprise, wondering which realtor would be best and the list continues...
I know that God will be faithful and everyday Jeff and I remind ourselves of that, but still there are tears and doubt that we really did make the right decision...
I have struggled with getting in the Christmas spirit this year since the thought of packing our entire house the week after Christmas is looming... everything seems to be "well this will be the last time we do this in this house.... the boys won't remember our first home and how much we loved it...
Our friends have been awesome and encouraging, and Jeff and I have had many talks about how much we are going to miss our friends and the comfort of those friendships and starting over and finding where we fit in and with who.
Even as I write this I remind myself we are NOT called to be comfortable!
I am so blessed to have an amazing husband that is called to serve as a Pastor, smart and healthy boys who I know will adjust just fine and gifts I know I can use in this new chapter in life.
I am not really sure how to end this so I am just going to leave it at that.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

oh girlie. i feel you on how hard a move is. i'll be praying for you.

and if you need an AWESOME realtor - we highly recommend ALVIN PETERS. he sold our house in 1 day. :)

Sam said...

You will be just fine and I know everything will work out wonderfully for your family!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Moving is hard. The unknown is hard. Yet some how we get through. Don't be afraid to pray for specifics of what you want for a house. I trust the right person will come around who will buy your place too. Take some time to remind yourself of all the ways and times God has provided in the past and rest in knowing he's that same God today and will work all things out.