Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A bit of a catch up post! We participated in our church camping trip just for the days. We rigged up our own little system, which I think ended up working out really good. Jeff had was a week into his healing from his table saw accident, so it was good to get our minds off of that for a bit.
The kids enjoyed hanging out in their chairs and having the "camping" experience.
On the 30th of June we set out for our family vacation to Vancouver, WA and Abbotsford BC. Jeff and I still can't believe how awesome the boys travelled dispite getting quite turned around in the Montana mountain range and driving for almost 15 hours straight. We had great hotels that we stayed in and we were so excited to finally reach our friends Kristi and Anthonys.

Stopping for a meal in Waterton National park!
We were able to take in the Oregon zoo, which was awesome! The boys had such a good time and the zoo was beautfiul!
Loved that they had a farming area, with a petting zoo and John Deere tractors.
Aiden was a little apprehensive about petting these guys.
Enjoying a great picinic for lunch!
Taking a family snapshot! yes I am huge and that was only the beginning of July!
Saying goodbye (this pic should have been last) Yuck! But so glad that they feel so much closer now that they are home from Australia!
Enjoying 4th of July fireworks! What a great night!

mmmm also indulged in a yummy elephant ear while we waited!
After we left the states we headed up to my brother and sister in laws! For a week of major heat, cooling off in their pool, relaxing and just enjoying some awesome family time! Our summer just isn't complete if we don't head up to BC and I always consider it my second home!
The boys were doted on like crazy by their older cousins and it was a nice break from parenting for us :) Aiden enjoyed a date with uncle Ray to the John Deer store and Tim Hortons, spent an awesome day in Stanley Park, Red Robin for Supper and a trip to IKEA. As usual the vacation wasn't long enough- but it was really really nice to get away. Our June felt very very stressful with lots of stuff going on and we desperatly needed a break from our life!

I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I thought, but that is a little snippet of our holiday! I actually turned 30 a couple weeks ago and we had a really fun visit from our cousins this last week, so I have something else to post very soon. I got a new camera for my birthday, so I have been taking lots more pictures and finally my kids will look like they had a childhood :)
Today I am making my list for my hospital bag, 3 1/2 weeks to go before my due date- but I feel ready to go! I have felt quite uncomfortable, tired and done this time around... trying to just enjoy these last weeks and get as many projects done as possible to make the time go by quickly! Looking forward to this new little person entering our family soon and the craziness of having THREE kids (we will officially be outnumbered) !

3 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

Great update! Looks like you guys had a great trip - glad to hear the kids did so well. I can't believe you only have 3 1/2 weeks left! Hope you're able to stay cool, and as comfortable as possible.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Thinking of you guys as baby number 3 will make it's arrival soon

Mad Men Girl said...

Hey there!

I have entered a contest to win a walk-on role on that retro-licious TV show, "Mad Men"... but I need your vote to win!

If you don't mind taking a couple of seconds to vote for me, click the link - it will take you right to my picture.


Thanks a bunch!