Monday, February 08, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday to my Aidey Baby!

On Saturday was Aiden's birthday! We had a blast celebrating his friends birthday the previous Monday and then had a little family party on Saturday. Aiden was thrilled that G and G Froese came for his birthday. Of course he had been talking about having a guitar birthday for months. So I was really excited to find some cool guitar decorations on my visit to BC. Aiden just had this permanent grin on his face all day!
I LOVE LOVE birthdays and love to make them special, I want our kids to always feel like its their really special day! We didn't do anything super fun, but Aiden picked his all time favorite breakfast of pancakes and just got some really good daddy time. We wanted to go skating, but I wasn't on the ball on getting him some skates, so he is going to have a special skating date in the near future :)

Of course he was super spoiled by lots of presents! My brother found him this really cool little cordless drill, that has a battery that snaps off just like daddy's and he has spent the last couple of days "fixing" my house!
Aiden Loves "Happy Birthday" and it was very fun for it to finally be sung to him :)
So excited to use this when the snow melts, my mom got the boys this for both their birthdays and they love it already!
Aiden has also been enjoying his bike from us, but gets a little frustrated with the peddles, so we are going to take him somewhere like church where he can ride on a smooth surface in the basement.
It was a great day! I can't believe how much Aiden is growing and maturing, it is really crazy! His imagination is incredible and as much as he loves his toys, he is often playing with daddys belts, my scarfs, string, wooden spoons and I love listening to his play. He has also hit the independence phase, which I am actually enjoying. I am discouraged from coming in the bathroom now, and he has been dressing himself. The other morning I was totally asleep when I hear this voice right in my ear " these pants are very tricky for me" and hes standing there pullup off, underwear on and nothing else. Hoping he can go to preschool this fall, he is on the waiting list of one and I am registering him in another one in the next town which he should be able to get into.
We are expecting baby number 3 in August and I think this will be great for Aiden to get out once or twice a week and be able to do something just for him! Although right now he isn't to fond of the idea, I know he will love it!
As much as growing up is hard to watch as the babiness totally fades away and this little boy emerges it is sooo awesome to watch! love you lots Aidey skunk!

2 comments:

Anthony and Kristi said...

Happy Birthday to Aiden!! I can't believe he's 3 already! Wow!! He's so adorable and the party decorations and cake were awesome, as usual, Joc! Great job! :) Thanks for the post! Love you all!

Trev and Rebekah said...

love the birthday theme