Friday, July 31, 2009

We Survived!!

Well we did it! We embarked on a road trip of mass proportions! The same day that Jeff left to lead of youth on a missions trip to Texas, the boys and I hopped in the van and went for a long long long ride to Uncle Ray and Auntie Sam's! Wow it was pretty crazy, you take for granted the little things another set of hands does, that we had to keep stopping for, like putting in a new movie. The first day we made it 12 hours to Valemount BC. Tristen had a pretty nasty night, waking every hour with a fever. The next day he cried quite a bit because of course I had like 2 doses of Tylenol left not thinking I would need it, so he really need medicine, but not one gas station carried infants tylenol for the next 2 hours. Ahhh that was frustrating, finally found some in Clearwater and the rest of the trip he slept a fair bit. Aiden rarely slept and choose to talk my ear off for most of the way even when his movie was playing. Could have been a lot worse :) Took some pics of the trip up.
Unfortunately we spent our first night in the ER because of Tristen's fever, thought we had lucked out to get into a bed really quickly but ended up waiting 3 1/2 hours and finally left because I couldn't keep my eyes open. To make a long story short, took him to a clinic, he was misdiagnosed with strep, sick pretty much the whole time, got thrush from the antibiotics he didn't need, and finally slept through the night the last night I was there. Pretty exhausting, but so thankful I was with my family epecially when I was missing Jeff so much. We did manage to have lots of fun in my fams backyard....paradise for Aiden, pool, trampoline, treehouse with a slide and swings, hottub (which we didn't need since it was 30 above the entire time:)

We spent a day out on the beach, Stanley park has this really great pool right on the ocean, what a super day! Tristen even managed to have a really good day!
I was able to have a fun playdate with my friend Leanne and her son Lucas, and my cousin Yvonne and her kids Kyra and Jayce. We were hoping to meet the new sibling of Lucas', but he was born the day we left:) Finished off with a yummy lunch at Old Mcdonald's as Kyra calls it.
Spent some time at Mill Lake park, playing and watching the ducks!
My last night my family threw me a surprise birthday party! Very fun!
How quickly the 2 weeks went, missed a trip to the America's and meeting my good friend Natalie, never seems to be enough time! Missed you Nat! I think the boys were much looking forward to seeing daddy as was I. I never function well when he's gone. Rosanna had the "privledge" of driving back with us and I am so thankful. Made the trip a lot more fun! We made it to Edmonton the first day, the next was my birthday and so we shopped at W. Ed for a few hours, a great birthday filled with tons of treats and then made it home at about 10pm. So excited to wake up in the morning and see Jeff! Aiden wouldn't stop hugging him for the rest of the day and miraculously Tristen was a 100% as soon as we got home, but Aiden got the flu, still trying to get rid of the runs for him. Crazy, but all in all very worth it and I can't wait to hang out as a whole family with our families at the end of the month!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm so sorry that Tristen was sick for you on this trip. It's never fun having a sick kid but it must that much worse being away from home. It was so great to see you and I'm glad it worked out for a playdate as well as for us to celebrate your birthday with you! (When was the last time that happened?) Glad you made it home safe and sound and that you had some fun birthday celebrations. Yay for re-uniting with your hubby! Have a good weekend!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Ah I miss Mill Lake. Such a great place.

Leanne said...

It was SO excellent to see you and chat while you were out. I'm amazed that you were so brave to attempt this trip - you are one fabulous woman!

Dan and Lynn said...

I'm very impressed that you made the trip all by yourself with two kids!! Glad to hear that you all made it home safely. Thanks for sharing the pics!