Saturday, September 17, 2011

We are fallin' over here


I love fall! It is by far my most favorite season and this past week it was time to get out the fall stuff. My lovely leaf wreath for my door, warm colored table runners and best of all pumpkin scented candles. I have to say I am not looking forward to the amount that these crazy boys are going to have to be indoors in a few short months; but we used up as much sunshine as we could these last few days.

Always some sort of imaginative game going on from the stairs.
My brother was out at the end of August and gave us a great start on our fort, we have been patiently waiting for sand and this was the week!

A view from the top. Aiden has very high ambitions for this fort and hopefully his awesome dad can umm fulfill all those requests. Jeff did make their treasure chest for this pirate inspired fort. I think this will be where it stays until spring, but happy we at least got a start!



As in many households, Aiden started preschool. He is loving that there are actually some more boys in his class. Very happy that we decided to put him in for 2 days a week.


Rylen is trying very hard these days to play catch up to his two older brothers. This is one moment when he finally succeeded!

So the loader dumped this over our fence. Unfortunatly he couldn't quite reach our sandbox to directly put it in there. So the persistent being that I am, convinced Jeff that we could use a rubbermaid container to move this to the actual sandbox. (no we do not have a wheelbarrow and yes that is our next investment) In there excitement the boys decided they would do some temporary sledding.

The boys were awesome at filling up icecream pails and dumping them, after a while Aiden exclaimed it sure would be nice to stop for a nice cold Coke! We were in agreeance!This is where he was most of the time spectating!

And finally this! And this has been bliss! the boys have had a hard time playing in the backyard since there isn't much for them to do. They were constantly begging to play in the front with their bikes, but then I felt like I had to supervise them. I love that they are excited to be in the back now and I can get them out of my hair for a bit :)

It is my goal to get some of the awesome ideas I am finding on Pinterest put to good use. We made these cool fall trees. We have several more crafts to attempt and I have a few sewing projects. I did make the boys a really cool table tent, but forgot to take a pic.We love fall, the crispness, the colors and the anticipation of pumkins and Thanksgiving. We have already tried on winter gear and I am very happy that most things still fit from last year! Gearing up for that white stuff to fall probably sooner then later :)

3 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

Looks like you guys have been busy! Sounds like you're having fun preparing for fall:). Hope you're able to find some fun indoor activities for your boys - so tough to transition to being indoors so much. Love the photos of your boys - so adorable!

Rosanna Toews said...

I L.O.V.E. your header and all your pictures. Missing you lots!!!! Hugs all around :)

gw2 gold said...

. Hope you're able to find some fun indoor activities for your boys - so tough to transition to being indoors so much. Love the photos of your boys - guild wars 2 gold
cheap gw2 gold