Friday, July 08, 2011

Froese Family Recap!

About time I suppose! To finally give a little update on the Froese Fab Five :)

Trying to be inspired to do some decorating in this house, it definitely comes and goes- lots of factors, time, money, boys cooperating, inspriation etc. but I did get this frame done for Rylen and I am hoping to do some similar for the other boys.


In March we took a family trip to Edmonton, Jeff had received tickets to a Flames and Oilers game for Christmas, so we decided to spend a night in Edmonton and just do a bit of a family holiday with the boys. Complete with walking the pirate ship, the waterpark and rides. The boys had a BLAST! It was good to spend some good quality family time!


We were oh so happy when this crazy white stuff finally went away and out came the glorious sun!


In April we officially moved the last of our things out of our Warman house. We were packed to the gills and then remembered on the way home that we had ordered bar stools in Battleford that we had to pick up. We were definitely "squeezed" in the van! I kind of had to reprocess moving all over again, when our house was officially sold and empty. Shed a few more tears, longingly stared at my beautiful new kitchen, locked the front door for the last time and we all chorused "good bye house, we'll miss you" (get a little teary just writing that)

Easter was mostly spent here in Meadow, managed to get somewhat of a good picture of all three boys!


We did get out to my mom's for a bit and did a little Easter hunt there! Unfortunately Aiden had already spotted his basket when we pulled in the driveway :) We had to rehide his, crazy boy!

Aiden has been in preschool, and although I have had to lower my expectations alot! He did have a great time and did some fun field trips. We were off to the farm in the picture below- a few mintues out of town was this great farm with nearly every farm animal you could think of and tons of babies! I did miss the education and structure of his old preschool (Mrs. Mitchell you were incredible), but really wanted Aiden to have some social stimulation as we adjusted.



I coached Aiden's soccer team in May and June, I loved it! The kids were so great, and they caught on very quickly to some simple skills, however, playing an acutal game was actually quite entertaining! We have a few things to work on for next year :)



End of May my lovely sil and Jeff's brother came for a weekend visit. We celebrated all of the boys birthdays, yes we are a little behind, but I decided to make a treasure chest cake that Aiden had been eyeing up for a while and it left much to be desired, but the boys liked it and it tasted good!


Only boys in Jeff's family! Kai, Aiden, Tristen, Noah and Rylen- so Handsome!


We hopped on a plane on the last day of May and headed to Abbotsford for Rosanna's wedding. The boys had a chance to play with there cousins there, and had such a good time with my nieces and nephew! It was a bit of a whirlwind trip since Jeff headed off to Winnipeg for credentialing mid holiday, but it was good to be busy while he was gone.











My beautiful nieces!


We headed straight to family camp for church when we got home from BC, not even spending a night in our beds. I didn't have my camera the entire time, so a little disappointed about that. However we had an incredible time and can't wait for next year!


Since then it has rained and then rained and then rained and then rained oh yeah and then rained a bit more. For Father's day we made an inpromtu trip to Cold Lake, this is the road we were forced to travel and we couldn't turn around because we would have been very stuck. It was an adventure but one we hope we won't repeat to soon!

Finally the sun did come out a few weeks ago, the boys have been addicted to being outside and enjoying snacks and the works out on the patio.

Preschool ended off with a Track and Field day! What a gorgeous day!







and then in the evening they had a preschool windup at the spraypark with pizza!


It has been a great start to the summer- we finally feel like we are adjusting, feeling at home dispite the days of loneliness and missing our friends and family like crazy. I have probably had the harder time, since I am home most days which is very different for me. I love to be busy and have really prayed through some tough days. I love that I was able to embrace the VBS program here and have been filling my days with preparations for that. Cannot believe we have been here for 1/2 a year already- time does fly and yet seem to stand still all at the same time. The rest of the summer will be busy with VBS, working at camp, and possibly seeing family.


That's all for now folks!

3 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys have already been living there for 6 months!! Time does fly. Looks like you guys have been busy! Thanks for sharing photos...your boys are adorable:). And boy oh boy do they ever look like brothers!

matt&ruth said...

Yeah for a new post! I love all your pictues, the boys really are growing so fast! How are you enjoying your new home? I would love to see some pictures of it! Thinking of you today as you continue to establish a new home for your family.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow, I can't believe you've been there for half a year either. Feels like you just moved there. The preschool track and field looks awesome!