Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Swimming and sweetness:)

Jeff was going to be gone for the weekend to YC, so we decided to finally take Aiden swimming, which we have never done. He hasn't been much for colder water in the past, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But is was crazy and had little fear of the water...yikes! He did so awesome! Tristen never cried, but I don't think he really enjoyed it since his little lip quivered the entire time- I ended up cuddling him in a towel for most of it! Definitely looking forward to the summer and hanging out at the splash parks and pools!
I mentioned Jeff was gone for the weekend, I really dread when he's gone and the time just seems to drag. I tried to have a lot planned for the weekend, and I ended up picking up a shift at work on Sunday, so it wasn't to bad.
Just some recent pics I took of the boys! Aiden is sooo funny with his brother and is often playing "going to work like daddy", he has his lunch kit, kisses both T and I goodbye and tells us to have a good day. It makes me laugh every time! His imaginative play is just crazy, Jeff came home from Edmonton with this ride on thing from Ikea that rocks back and forth and Aiden immediately got on it and crouched down and "drove" his motorbike-stopped after a couple of seconds and said oh oh forgot my helmet...grabbed something random to put on his head and he was off again. He is obsessed with this 1 dollar lawn mower I picked up at a garage sale...sooo I have been trying to use it as a reward for going poo on the potty, he totally knows how it works but we are going on day 20 of cleaning you know what out of gitch! Aside from the one time he told Jeff at the pool that he had to go and did in the potty at the pool...thank goodness that could have been bad. Kind of running out of ideas and really hoping he catches on soon. Not my favorite thing to do everyday!!
Tristen is enthralled with his brother and loves sitting in his exersaucer and just watching him, Aiden will often include him in his play and Tristen just sits there and smiles...he finally found his voice so the screeching begins! The noise in this house is sometimes crazy, but I love it and I love that Aiden seems to have this super zest for life and I think his brother will follow suit! Could make for some very interesting days in the future, the trouble these 2 monkeys are sure to dream up together! Have to say i LOVE boys, especially mine (lol)...I recently splurged on a double stroller and have been enjoying the freedom that I have to go to the park and shop in peace...definietely worth it. Well I am off to fold the last load of laundry and finish planting the rest of my garden...

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh my goodness Tristen is getting so big! We keep saying it back and forth but I cannot wait to see you all! As always, I love Aiden's smile. The going to work and saying have a good day sounds similar to the play I hear coming from Kyra. Hopefully Kyra and Aiden will hit it off and have a great time together!

Anthony and Kristi said...

Anthony and I laughed at all your stories...I can just imagine Aiden "going to work" - LOL! How cute! I love the updated pictures - your boys are too cute! Have an awesome summer and take lots of pics! Love you and miss you so much!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I too love how kids develop and use their imagination.

Symon said...

Hi there. I'm Symon from New Zealand. I noticed one of your interests was 'Ted Dekker'. Please take the time to check out our Christian Fiction Review Blog: Flannelgraph. If you become a follower, you will be into win a free book/books each month. God bless you!

Dan and Lynn said...

Sounds like Aiden is quite the character! It's always fun to watch kids play and try to figure out what's going on in their little heads:). I can't believe how big Tristen is getting, and how much he looks like Aiden! They're both cuties:).